Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review: The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

Cover & description from goodreads.com

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again. 

But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.

My Thoughts:
Let's start with the cover.  My favorite cover in The Iron Fey series was The Iron Knight.  So no surprise that I LOVED this cover as well.  It captures perfectly the other-worldly beauty of the Fey.  As with all her books, Kagawa rights the most lovable and hate-able characters.  I don't feel the need to go on about how brilliantly written this book is because that is just a given when reading one of her books.  The story picks off just days after The Lost Prince ended.  Ethan and Keirran's lives become more entangled as they try to save Keirran's Annwyl from The Fade.  This book has a darker tone than The Lost Prince.  It broke my heart as Keirran made drastic choices that effected everyone he loved.  I look forward to seeing what develops of Ethan's teacher Guro and what secrets he's hiding.  With the appearance of Puck, the mood is lightened and I loved having him back in the game.  But it's that last page, last paragraph, last sentence that had me audibly gasping.  Oh the torture!!  Now I have to wait, what feels like an eternity, to read the next book in this outstanding series!  
This book was received through NetGalley from the publisher for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva