Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Review: The Last Changeling by Chelsea Pitcher

Image & Description from goodreads.com

Elora, the young princess of the Dark Faeries, plans to overthrow her tyrannical mother, the Dark Queen, and bring equality to faeriekind. All she has to do is convince her mother’s loathed enemy, the Bright Queen, to join her cause. But the Bright Queen demands an offering first: a human boy who is a “young leader of men.” 

A Dark Princess In Disguise . . .

To steal a mortal, Elora must become a mortal—at least, by all appearances. And infiltrating a high school is surprisingly easy. When Elora meets Taylor, the seventeen-year-old who’s plotting to overthrow a ruthless bully, she thinks she’s found her offering . . . until she starts to fall in love.

My Thoughts:
This will be a short & sweet since I'm diving into the next one right away!
First, I love the covers of this series.  They are just gorgeous.  It's been a while since I've read a book about the Fey & this one did not disappoint.  What I loved most is the change in who saves who.  Chelsea takes a new twist with the usual Fey lore in making a Princess of the Dark Court the heroine instead of the villain.  I hope Taylor's dealings with his parents isn't done yet.  I think there's a lot of healing left to do on that front.  I am curious to find out who Elora's father is and what the Bright Queen has in store for her.  Anyone who loves faerie stories will enjoy this one.  I can't wait to start reading the next one.  

Recommended for 14 & up.  Mild to moderate language & sexual content.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, that cover is amazing! :O *drool*

    I think i might start this series as well!

    Ella
    Naga Sanctuary

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva