Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Review: The Last Faerie Queen by Chelsea Pitcher

Image & Decription from goodreads.com

A FAERIE REVOLUTION . . .

After risking her life in the mortal world, the faerie princess Elora returns home to incite a revolution. Allied with the Bright Queen, Elora rallies her people for a battle aimed at overthrowing her mother, the Dark Queen. While some question their ability to win, Elora senses victory, knowing she has a secret weapon: Taylor, the human boy she loves, and a motley crew of his school friends, each armed with a skill that can turn the tide of the coming battle. 

A MORTAL SACRIFICE . . .

But then Elora's supporters in the Dark Court turn on her, believing she has forsaken them in favor of humans. When the Dark Queen kidnaps two of her human friends, Elora must mount a daring rescue mission to free them before her mother offers them up as a sacrifice.


My Thoughts:
At first I was left with some mixed emotions from this book.  I guess I needed some time to let it settle.  This book begins right where The Last Changeling left off.   Taylor, Elora, Keegan, Kylie & Alexia are all refugees/captures of the Seelie Court.  Each with their own idea about their part in the upcoming war between the Bright & the Dark.  Trust is a constant issue in this story.  Who can they trust...each other, them selves, allies or enemies?  There is a nice complexity weaved into each character that is almost tangible as they battle their inner demons & desires.  One thing I really appreciated was how Taylor never lost his humanity.  His reactions to his circumstances were realistic & I liked that.  It made me a little sad he never quite got the closure he should have with his parents, but sometimes that's how life truly is.  We don't always get the loose ends tied up.  There were some pretty violent moments in the book that showed just how cruel the fey can be.  I love the way things turned out in the end.  Some things were quite unexpected and that, to me, is what makes a story great!  Humans & Fey alike must save each other.  AWESOME!!

This book is recommended for readers 15 & up.  Moderate and sometimes extreme violence with moderate sexual content.

I received this book from the publisher through Netgalley in return for my unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva